- Will oil prices surge to $380 or slump to $45—What JP Morgan, CITI reports say?
- Bajaj Finance stock jumps 3% after quarterly update; what should investors do? Check brokerage views, target prices
- Stocks to buy: Sanjiv Bhasin picks Wipro, Tata Chemicals, Adani Ports, Coforge for gains today; Here's why
- LPG Price Hike: Domestic LPG cylinder price hiked by Rs 50; Check new rates in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai
- Government notifies procedural changes in GST rules - details here
US inflation hit 8.3% last month but slows from 40-year high
Zee Business Video Team | Updated: May 12, 2022 07:59 am
Inflation in America has been running at high for the last 7 months. In March, US inflation had reached a 40-year high. According to the government data released on Wednesday, inflation has come down slightly in April. But it is only slightly below the highest level of 40 years. Consumer prices have seen a jump of 8.3% on an annual basis in the last month i.e. April. That's slightly less than the 8.5% year-on-year growth in March. This figure was at the highest level since 1981.