- Will oil prices surge to $380 or slump to $45—What JP Morgan, CITI reports say?
- Bajaj Finance stock jumps 3% after quarterly update; what should investors do? Check brokerage views, target prices
- Stocks to buy: Sanjiv Bhasin picks Wipro, Tata Chemicals, Adani Ports, Coforge for gains today; Here's why
- LPG Price Hike: Domestic LPG cylinder price hiked by Rs 50; Check new rates in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai
- Government notifies procedural changes in GST rules - details here
India 360: Uncontrollable situation in Sri Lanka, Curfew extended till May 12, Minister's houses set on fire
Zee Business Video Team | Updated: May 11, 2022 08:40 am
In the midst of the economic crisis, the situation in Sri Lanka has become more uncontrollable. In view of the violent protests amid the Emergency, the curfew has been extended till 7 am on May 12. Along with this, an order has been issued against those who commit violence, 'Shoot on Sight' i.e. shoot at sight. This violent clash further fueled the anger of the people against the government. Now reports of violence are coming across the country. Protesters are burning houses of ruling leaders and MPs one by one. Sri Lanka's Defense Ministry on Tuesday ordered Army, Air Force and Navy personnel to shoot at any rioter who loots public property or causes injury to civilians. Mahinda Rajapaksa resigned from his post on Monday amid the economic crisis in the country.