- Stock Market Closing: Nifty Slips below 17,800, Sensex tanks 600 points; IT, Pharma drag most
- Top stocks to buy with Anil Singhvi: Sanjiv Bhasin picks two stocks – Chola Invest, Cummins | Know target price, stop-loss, and
- BJP Uttarakhand List 2022: Announced! Full 59 names, seats of candidates for assembly elections - All details here
- Bank of Maharashtra Q3FY22 net profit more than doubles to Rs 325 cr
- Bajaj Fisnerv Q3FY22 Results: Consolidated PAT slips 2.6% to Rs 1256 cr as; revenue up 10% on better demand situation
LG Energy Solution gets preliminary approval for IPO
Battery maker LG Energy Solution (LGES) has received preliminary approval for what has been widely tipped to be South Korea's biggest-ever initial public offering, the Korea Exchange said on Tuesday.
Battery maker LG Energy Solution (LGES) has received preliminary approval for what has been widely tipped to be South Korea’s biggest-ever initial public offering, the Korea Exchange said on Tuesday.
A supplier to Tesla Inc, General Motor Co and Hyundai Motor Co, among others, LGES filed for a review of its IPO plans in June.
In October, the wholly owned subsidiary of LG Chem Ltd resumed work on its IPO, which was suspended in August due to a lack of clarity regarding the recall costs involving GM’s Bolt electric vehicles.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
The IPO could raise $10 billion to $12 billion, according to publication IFR.
A $10 billion-$12 billion IPO would be more than double the biggest ever listing in South Korea, the 2010 IPO of Samsung Life Insurance, which was worth 4.9 trillion won ($4.39 billion).
The company has mandated KB Securities and Morgan Stanley to lead the proposed deal. Bank of America, Citigroup, Daishin Securities, Goldman Sachs and Shinhan Investment Corp were also mandated as bookrunners.
LG Energy Solution reported an operating loss of 373 billion won ($313 million) in the July-September quarter versus an operating profit of 169 billion won a year earlier, a regulatory filing showed.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.