- Global View: ICICI Bank, Bandhan Bank, Cipla and Container Corp could give 15-40% return in long term
- Anil Singhvi’s Strategy January 24: Day support zone on Nifty 17,475-17,550 and Bank Nifty is 37,050-37,225
- Dalal Street Voice: Budget likely to remain pro-growth; IT, Cement among 7 themes that will dominate 2022: Hemang Jani
- Coronavirus Latest News: India logs 3,06,064 new infections; active COVID-19 cases highest in 241 days
- Investors lose Rs 9 lakh cr in a week! What should be your strategy going into Budget 2022 week?
Study any course online by using SWAYAM app, Jaitley says; here's how
In its push toward a digital economy, the Union Budget mentioned incentives for India’s youth to enhance learning outcomes in the country.
Jaitley began this section of the budget with a Swami Vivekananda quote that said, “The education which does not help the common mass of people to equip themselves for the struggle for life ………… is it worth the name?”
“We propose to leverage information technology and launch SWAYAM platform with at least 350 online courses. This would enable students to virtually attend the courses taught by the best faculty; access high quality reading resources; participate in discussion forums; take tests and earn academic grades,” Jaitley added.
Access to SWAYAM would be widened by linkage with DTH channels, dedicated to education, the budget document read.
In terms of higher education Jaitley said, “…we will undertake reforms in the UGC (University Grants Commission). Good quality institutions would be enabled to have greater administrative and academic autonomy. Colleges will be identified based on accreditation and ranking, and given autonomous status. A revised framework will be put in place for outcome based accreditation and credit based programmes.”
Commenting on government’s SWAYAM initiative NASCOM said, “The Technology sector sees many emerging opportunities arising out of Govt. reliance on Technology driven development like initiatives like SWAYAM, separate policy for Metro with focus on indigenisation, Pension platform for defence, Digi Gaon etc.”
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.