- US stock futures bounce ahead of US Fed; crude oil gains on Russia-Ukraine crisis - policy plan likely at 12:30 am IST
- LIVE: Budget 2022 Expectations: What India Inc. wants from Modi government, FM Nirmala Sitharaman in Union Budget 2022-23
- Republic Day 2022 Parade: Highlights - Amazing extravaganza of India's military might, rich culture and unity - Pics, videos and
- Dalal Street Voice: Government might be able to meet fiscal deficit, thanks to LIC IPO: Ricky Kirpalani of First Water Capital F
- Unlocking financial freedom this Republic Day: 5 Things to know before embarking on financial journey
Sensex rallies 290 points, NSE up 54 points post Budget 2017
Investors cheered as Sensex and Nifty rose after the FM Arun Jaitely announced India's Union Budget 2017-18.
At 1.19 pm, Sensex was trading at 27,879.65, up 223.69 points or 0.81%. It crossed 27,983-mark.
While Nifty was trading at 8630.45, rising by 53.60 points or 0.63%.
The 30-stocks index had 17 advances and 13 declines and that of 51-stocks index had 31 advances and 20 declines.
Also, Indian rupee traded higher against the US dollar. The rupee was trading at 67.590 against dollar, above 0.161 paise or 0.24%.
Top gainers were - ICICI Bank at Rs 279.05 per share (3.72%), ITC at Rs 267 per share (3.55%), State Bank of India at Rs 267.85 per share (3.02%), Gail India at Rs 480.80 per share (2.91%).
Other were automobile stocks that gained on the back January sales announcement. They are - Tata Motors at Rs 533 per share (1.80%), Maruti Suzuki at Rs 5985.80 per share (1.51%) and Hero Motocorp at Rs 3210.95 per share (1%).
Top losers were - TCS at Rs 2179.75 per share (2.25%), followed by Lupin at Rs 1450.05 per share (1.64%), Infosys at Rs 915.45 per share (1.46%), Dr Reddy at Rs 2978.45 per share (1.41%) and Sun Pharma at Rs 623.05 per share (1.35%).
Some of the key highlights of Budget are -
Capital infusion of Rs 10,000 crore in the state-owned banks.
Railways allotted with Rs 1.31 lakh crore of total capex.
Propose to reduce tax rate to 5% for Rs 2.5 lakh-Rs 5 lakh salary income.
Allocation towards rural, agriculture and allied sector is 24% higher that which was allocated to this sector last year.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.