- Vedanta to create $10 billion fund to bid for BPCL stake, other assets, Chairman Anil Agarwal says
- Bulk Deals: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala picks stake in Indiabulls Housing on Tuesday; buys stake from RARE Enterprises, company backed b
- 5G deployment in US becomes bone of contention between airlines, telecom companies AT&T and Verizon; Air India, Emirates cancel
- Manpower cost likely to increase in next 2 quarters: Virender Jeet, CEO, Newgen Software
- Toyota Kirloskar unveils Hilux; company likely to reveal price next month, delivery starts in April 2022
Here are 10 key themes of FM Arun Jaitley's Budget 2017
Find out the 10 key themes of India's Union Budget 2017-18 as the FM Arun Jaitley begins his speech on Budget 2017.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presented India's Union Budget 2017-18 speech in Parliament based on ten key themes on Wednesday.
The Government of India for the first time presented the Union Budget on February 1 as against its traditional practice of presenting it on the last working day of February.
Press Information Bureau of India (PIB India) tweeted the ten key themes of the Budget 2017 on Wednesday.
— PIB India (@PIB_India) February 1, 2017
Here are the ten key themes of FM Jaitley's Budget 2017:
1. Farmers: For whom we have committed to double income in five years.
2. Rural Population: Providing employment and basic infrastucture.
3. Youth: Energising them through education, skills and jobs.
4.Poor and Under-privileged: Strengthening the system of social security, health care and affordable housing.
5.Infrastructure: For efficiency, productivity and quality of life.
6.Financial Sector: Growth and stability through stronger institutions.
7.Digital Economy: For speedy accountability and transparency.
8. Public Service: Effective governance and efficiency of service delivery through people's participation.
9. Prudent Fiscal Management: To ensure optimal deployment of resources and preserve financial stability.
10. Tax Administration: Honouring the honest
ALSO READ: Here are five key highlights of Budget 2017
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.