- No petrol, diesel if you fail to produce PUC certificate at fuel stations from THIS date
- Bharti Airtel is first telecom company to launch 5g service in India; where do Jio, Vodafone Idea stand?
- 5G Services Launch Event Highlights - Jio 5G services across India by December 2023; Airtel to cover entire country by March 202
- Vikram Vedha Box Office Collection Day 1: How much money Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan-starrer made on first day
- UPI transactions jumps over 3% at 678 crore in September
WhatsApp: Hide online status from anyone on WhatsApp - Check step-by-step guide
WhatsApp hide online status: WhatsApp is introducing the ability to select who can and can’t see when you’re online. This will start rolling out to all users this month.
WhatsApp hide online status: The Meta-owned popular messaging application WhatsApp recently added three new update in its growing list of privacy features that users can take advantage of and that provide even more layers of protection, giving users more control over their messages.
The new privacy features on WhatsApp include:
Leave Groups Silently - Users will be able to exit a group privately without having to notify everyone. Now, instead of notifying the full group when leaving, only the admins will be notified. This feature starts to roll out to all users this month.
Screenshot Blocking for View Once Messages - View Once is already an incredibly popular way to share photos or media that don’t need to have a permanent digital record. Now WhatsApp is enabling screenshot blocking for View Once messages for an added layer of protection. This feature is being tested and will be rolled out to users soon.
Choose Who Can See When You’re Online - Seeing when friends or family are online helps users feel connected to one another, but everyone has had times when they wanted to check their WhatsApp privately. For the times you want to keep your online presence private, WhatsApp is introducing the ability to select who can and can’t see when you’re online. This will start rolling out to all users this month.
How to hide WhatsApp online status?
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Tap on the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Settings and navigate to the Account section.
- Go to Privacy.
- Tap on Last seen and select Nobody if you want to hide your online status completely.
During the announcement, Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced that WhatsApp is bringing three new privacy features to users, giving them more control over their conversations and added layers of protection when messaging.
“New privacy features coming to WhatsApp: exit group chats without notifying everyone, control who can see when you're online, and prevent screenshots on view once messages. We'll keep building new ways to protect your messages and keep them as private and secure as face-to-face conversations.” - Mark Zuckerberg, Founder and CEO, Meta
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.