- LIVE: Republic Day 2022 Parade: Timing changed - know when, where and how to watch TV telecast, online streaming - Check latest
- Republic Day 2022: Check 73rd R-Day parade timings, when and where to watch LIVE and other details
- Top recognition of India's tech talent: Padma Bhushan for Satya Nadella and Sundar Pichai
- Republic Day: Top 5 ‘Made In India’ stocks that could give bumper returns on strong fundamentals
- Unlocking financial freedom this Republic Day: 5 Things to know before embarking on financial journey
GeM Sahay App: Govt E Marketplace - Who is eligible for loans? Key points- Check details
Through the ‘GeM SAHAY’ app, loan disbursement will be instantaneous, instead of the conventional in-principle approval of loan that may very often not culminate in an actual disbursal. This facility will provide GeM sellers who are sole proprietors, with the best loan offers from top lenders in the country including public sector banks, private banks and NBFCs.
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is providing increasing market access to seller groups like MSEs, Women SHGs, Startups reinforcing the Make in India Initiative and Government of India’s policy to promote local MSEs.
Secretary, department of Commerce, Government of India Dr Anup Wadhawan said on June 16, 2021 that presently GeM has over 6,90,000 MSE sellers and service providers onboard contributing over 56 percent of the total order value on GeM, which is a testament to GeM’s success in not only onboarding but also engaging with the MSEs to help them participate in public procurement.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
The number of MSEs registered on the GeM platform has increased by over 62 percent since the last FY (2019-20). And this is a tremendous achievement- considering that there were only around 3000 MSMEs in FY 2016-17, he added.
To address the credit access challenges faced by MSMEs a latest functionality rolled out specially for SMEs is the GeMSAHAY app. The GeMSAHAY initiative paves way for frictionless financing by leveraging fintech.
MSEs can now get a loan at the point of acceptance of an order on the GeM platform. It will help in meeting the working capital needs and ensure “access to finance” for MSEs.
Through the ‘GeMSAHAY’ app, loan disbursement will be instantaneous, instead of the conventional in-principle approval of loan that may very often not culminate in an actual disbursal. This facility will provide GeM sellers who are sole proprietors, with the best loan offers from top lenders in the country including public sector banks, private banks and NBFCs.
The GeM SAHAY platform is ‘lender agnostic’, allowing for any lender, duly regulated by the Reserve Bank of India, to participate and provide capital and smart collection accounts to the Sellers on GeM.
GeM tweeted,"Here's what you need to know about the GeM Sahay app - a platform that provides instant & frictionless financing."
Here's what you need to know about the GeM Sahay app - a platform that provides instant & frictionless financing.#Collateralfreeloans #unnatikiaor #instantfinance #DigitalIndia pic.twitter.com/keZAUd9S3Z
— GeM (@GeM_India) July 13, 2021
Who is eligible for loans?
1. Who are sole proprietors and on GSTN.
2. Who have transactions on GeM in the last 12 months.
1. Do not raise invoices for POs that you wish to finance.
2. Ensure that POs are created at least 3 hours after opting for GeM Sahay in the profile section.
3. Only POs with payment type PFMS, GeM Pool, and CRPF Online account will show.
4. For availing financing through a lender who is not your primary banker or through an NBFC on the GeM Sahay platform, you must have an Udyam Certificate issued by the Ministry of MSME, India.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.