- US stock futures bounce ahead of US Fed; crude oil gains on Russia-Ukraine crisis - policy plan likely at 12:30 am IST
- LIVE: Budget 2022 Expectations: What India Inc. wants from Modi government, FM Nirmala Sitharaman in Union Budget 2022-23
- Republic Day 2022 Parade: Highlights - Amazing extravaganza of India's military might, rich culture and unity - Pics, videos and
- Dalal Street Voice: Government might be able to meet fiscal deficit, thanks to LIC IPO: Ricky Kirpalani of First Water Capital F
- Unlocking financial freedom this Republic Day: 5 Things to know before embarking on financial journey
Unified Payments Interface: Here is how to register for UPI
Unified Payments Interface (UPI): This digital mode of transaction is one of the most popular ways of completing payments because of its easiness and ability to carry out transactions fast. UPI is a unique system that powers multiple bank accounts into a single mobile application of any participating bank
Unified Payments Interface (UPI): This digital mode of transaction is one of the most popular ways of completing payments because of its easiness and ability to carry out transactions fast. UPI is a unique system that powers multiple bank accounts into a single mobile application of any participating bank. This application merges several banking features to facilitate seamless routing of funds and merchant payments into one hood. If you are still unsure about it or do not know how register to the app, then read this space.
UPI also enables ‘Peer to Peer’ collect request which can be scheduled and paid as per requirement and convenience.
Your step-by-step guide to register to this service and start transactions:
- Downloads the UPI application from the App Store/Banks website
- User now has to create his/her profile by entering details like name, virtual id (payment address), password etc.
- Now go to the “Add/Link/Manage Bank Account” option and link the bank and account number with the virtual id
- Generate UPI – PIN:
- Now select the bank account from which you want to initiate the transaction
- Click one of the options.
Important features of UPI
- UPI allows immediate money transfer through mobile device round the clock every single day in a year.
- It facilitates accessing different bank accounts in one single mobile application.
- It provides single click 2 Factor Authentication – Aligned with the Regulatory guidelines, yet provides for a very strong feature of seamless single click payment.
- Virtual address of the customer for Pull & Push provides for incremental security with the customer not required to enter the details such as Card no, Account number or IFSC code etc.
- You can share bills with your friends through this application.
- It is a very good alternative to Cash on Delivery hassles or running to an ATM paying an exact amount.
- Merchant Payment with Single Application or In-App Payments.
- It can be used to pay utility bills, over the counter payments, barcode (Scan and Pay) based payments.
- It can be used for making donations, collections.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
10. It allows raising complaints from Mobile App directly.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.