- Dalal Street Corner: Market snaps 2-day winning streak amid profit booking; what should investors do on Thursday?
- EXCLUSIVE: Government may increase GST on online gaming, casinos and horse racing to 28%
- Patanjali Ayurved to launch its IPO, Swami Ramdev tells Anil Singhvi; gives reason behind Ruchi Soya's name change
- Finance Ministry to clarify doubts on applicability of TDS on perks received in business, profession
- Twitter puts ''correct views'' in front of people: Undercover recording reveals
This bank provides ASBA facility to invest in IPOs; important points investors must know - Find details here
The ASBS or "Application Supported by Blocked Amount" is an application containing an authorization to block the application money in the bank account.
PNB ASBA IPO Application: The Punjab National Bank (PNB) has got a facility for its customers through which the investors will be able to invest in initial public offerings (IPO).
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
"When it comes to investment, ASBA is there. You can use Branch, UPI or internet banking to invest in IPO through ASBA. Click for more information: tinyurl.com/2p8swy69," the nationalised bank tweeted recently from its official Twitter handle.
जब investment की हो बात, तो ASBA है साथ।
ASBA द्वारा IPO मे निवेश करने के लिए आप Branch, UPI या internet banking का उपयोग कर सकतें है ।
— Punjab National Bank (@pnbindia) January 24, 2022
What is ASBA facility?
Now, the bank customers must be aware of the ASBA facility. The ASBS or "Application Supported by Blocked Amount" is an application containing an authorization to block the application money in the bank account (Saving Account and Current Account without Overdraft facility), for subscribing to an issue. If an investor is applying through ASBA, his application money shall be debited from the bank account only if his/her application is selected for allotment after the basis of allotment is finalised, as per the PNB website.
How to apply for IPO through ASBA?
The investors can apply in any public/ rights issues by using their bank account with the help of the ASBA facility. An investor can submit the ASBA form at any branch of the bank after filling in the basic details like the name of the applicant, PAN number, demat account number, bid quantity, bid price and other relevant details, by giving an instruction to block the amount in their account.
After this, the bank will upload the details of the application in the bidding platform. In this matter, the investors must ensure that the details that are filled in the ASBA form are correct otherwise the form is liable to be rejected.
The eligibility of applying through ASBA has been defined by SEBI. In public issues with effect from May 1, 2010 all the investors can apply through ASBA. Furthermore, January 1, 2016, SEBI has made it compulsory that investors applying in a public issue will use only ASBA.
Advantages of IPO
There are certain advantages of applying through ASBA. They are as follows:
1) The investor does not need to pay the application money by cheque rather the investor submits ASBA which accompanies an authorization to block the bank account to the extent of the application money.
2) The investor does not have to bother about refunds, as in ASBA only that much money to the extent required for allotment of securities, is taken from the bank account only when his application is selected for allotment after the basis of allotment is finalized.
3) The investor continues to earn interest on the application money as the same remains in the bank account, which is not the case in other modes of payment.
4) The application form is simpler.
5) The investor deals with the known intermediary i.e. its own bank.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.