- Budget 2022: Fertiliser stocks on roll as government mulls to increase Rs 1.4 lakh crore subsidy; scrips gain up to 15%
- Delhivery gets Sebi's nod to raise Rs 7,460 crore via IPO
- Budget 2022 Expectations: 'Education sector seeks faculty upgradation programmes; subsidised access to laptops and 5G internet'
- realme 9i price in India starts at Rs 13,999: Check specs, availability, color options and more
- AGS Transact Tech IPO: Top 10 things to know before the issue opens on January 19
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana: This small savings scheme offers massive interest rate to investors; Know benefits
If you are a parent and thinking about a bright future for your daughter, then you must know about this small savings scheme called Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY), which offers a massive interest rate to investors. This scheme offers an attractive rate of interest which is higher than many other small saving schemes. The current rate of interest on this scheme is 7.6 per cent
If you are a parent and thinking about a bright future for your daughter, then you must know about this small savings scheme called Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY), which offers a massive interest rate to investors. This scheme offers an attractive rate of interest which is higher than many other small saving schemes. The current rate of interest on this scheme is 7.6 per cent.
Note that Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana rate of interest is 7.6 per cent per annum and not 6.9 per cent. The government had, on Wednesday, announced a cut in the interest rates offered in small savings schemes but withdrew the order on April 1 itself. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had tweeted that interest rates will not be cut at all.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
This Government of India scheme was launched to ensure the welfare of a girl child. The investments made towards this scheme are for a specific purpose i.e. for the education and marriage of the girl child and cannot be used for any other purposes. The scheme also offers an attractive interest rates on your investments.
The natural or legal guardian of the girl child can open this account.
Salient Features of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana are:
1. Investments in this scheme can be made for up to two girl children or three in case of twin girls as second birth or the first birth itself results in three girl children
2. An account can be opened for as little as Rs 250 of initial deposit with multiple of Rs 150, thereafter, with annual ceiling of Rs 150,000 in a financial year.
3. The tenure of the deposit is 21 years from the date of opening of the account. Maximum period up to which deposits can be made is 15 years from the date of opening of the account.
4. It has one of the highest returns as far as the Small Savings Schemes are concerned. The rates may be revised on a quarterly basis. The existing rates are 7.6 per cent per annum.
5. As applicable under section 80C of the IT Act, 1961, in the latest Finance Bill, the scheme has been extended Triple exempt benefits i.e. there will be no tax on the amount invested, amount earned as interest and amount withdrawn.
6. In case of irregular payment the account can become dormant. One can revive it by paying a penalty of Rs 50 per year along with the minimum specified amount per year.
7. The payment can be made through cash, cheque or internet banking. You can instruct the bank branch or set through internet banking for automatic credit to the SSY account.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.