- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
Income Tax: FM Arun Jaitley launches "Aaykar Setu"
According to Income Tax, the new module compiles various tax tools, live chat facility, dynamic updates and important links to various processes within Income Tax Department in a single module.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Monday launched a new Income Tax payer e-service module called "Aaykar Setu" in New Delhi.
Speaking at the occassion, FM Jaitley said that the new e-service technology is a great enabler. He also said that this application will reduce the physical interface between assessees and the tax assessing authorities.
"This in turn, would help in reducing tax harassment of assessees among others," Jaitley said.
According to Income Tax, the new module compiles various tax tools, live chat facility, dynamic updates and important links to various processes within Income Tax Department in a single module. With this, IT Department aims to communicate directly with taxpayers providing tax information and tax services at their fingertips.
The IT Department said all taxpayers who wish to receive such SMS alerts are advised to register their mobile numbers in Aaykar Setu module. Taxpayers will also be able to receive regular updates regarding important tax dates, forms and notifications on mobile numbers registered with the department.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.