- Dalal Street Corner: Market snaps 2-day winning streak amid profit booking; what should investors do on Thursday?
- EXCLUSIVE: Government may increase GST on online gaming, casinos and horse racing to 28%
- Patanjali Ayurved to launch its IPO, Swami Ramdev tells Anil Singhvi; gives reason behind Ruchi Soya's name change
- Finance Ministry to clarify doubts on applicability of TDS on perks received in business, profession
- Twitter puts ''correct views'' in front of people: Undercover recording reveals
EPFO News: How to update date of birth online? See step-by-step guide, documents required and other details
The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) members must know that they can now update their date of birth in EPFO records online.
EPFO Date of Birth Update: The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) members must know that they can now update their date of birth in EPFO records online. The interested individuals can login to the official EPFO website at epfindia.gov.in in case of any queries and details.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
"Now update Date of Birth in #EPFO records Online. To know more about the process," tweeted EPFO from its official Twitter handle. It also posted a video explaining the entire process.
Now update Date of Birth in #EPFO records Online.
To know more about the process, click on -https://t.co/nPveWwCVMY#EPF #SocialSecurity #employees @byadavbjp @Rameswar_Teli @PMOIndia @LabourMinistry @PIB_India @PIBHindi @MIB_India @mygovindia @PTI_News @wootaum
— EPFO (@socialepfo) January 25, 2022
One must note that the person can update the date of birth in EPFO records. If the difference in date of birth is less than three years, one will have to submit the Aadhaar/e-aadhaar on the Unified Member Portal (UAN).
Apart from the Aadhaar or e-aadhaar, any of the following documents may be accepted as valid proof of date of birth:
1. Birth certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths.
2. Any School/education-related certificate.
3. Certificate based on the service records of the Central / State Government Organization.
5. Any other reliable document issued by a Government department.
6. In the absence of proof of date of birth as above, Medical certificate issued by Civil Surgeon after examining the member medically and supported with an affidavit on oath by the member duly authenticated by a competent court.
How to update on UAN portal?
In order to update the new date of birth details, one has to submit the correction request online on the official website at UAN portal unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface.
Now, one must know how to update name and date of birth details on UAN as per Aadhaar Card. The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Visit Member Unified Portal.
Step 2: Enter UAN, Password and CAPTCHA.
Step 3: Click Sign-in.
Step 4: Click Manage and then Click Modify Basic Details.
Step 5: Enter Aadhaar, Name and DOB as per Aadhaar. Click Save/Submit. Click Yes.
Step 6: Inform your Employer to approve your Name Change Request.
For any queries and details, the interested individuals can login to the official website of EPFO at epfindia.gov.in.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.