- AGS Transact Tech IPO: Top 10 things to know before the issue opens on January 19
- Technical Check: This smallcap Budget 2022 pick forms Rounding Bottom bullish breakout; 30% upside possible in 2-3 months
- Dalal Street Voice: Warren Buffett indicator signals caution; banking looks promising for 2022: Yuvraj Thakker of BP Wealth
- Budget 2022 Expectations: Knight Frank India suggests Input Tax Credit reduction for developers, 100% tax exemption to retail an
- Tata Motors announces price hike on passenger vehicles, effective from this date
PAN Card Details Correction: Apply for changes in offline or online mode - Know how
A PAN card holder can apply for correction in both offline and online modes.
PAN Card holds a PAN or Permanent Account Number which is a ten-digit unique alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department. It enables the department to link all transactions of the assessee or income tax payer with the department.
These transactions include tax payments, TDS/TCS credits, returns of income, specified transactions, correspondence among others. It also facilitates easy retrieval of information of assessee and matching of various investments, borrowings and other business activities of assessee.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
As PAN is so important, all the information on PAN about the PAN card holder should be correct. The PAN holders must be acquainted with what to do in case there has been a mistake on the PAN card or if there is any change in the details on the PAN that have been provided at the time of obtaining it.
A PAN card holder can apply for correction in both offline and online modes. For making PAN corrections in the offline mode, one has to submit the "Request For New PAN Card Or/ And Changes or Correction in PAN Data" form at the nearest PAN facilitation centre, as per the information provided by the Income Tax Department.
Now in case of making the corrections in the online mode, one has to request For New PAN Card Or/ And Changes or Correction in PAN Data:
1) Online through NSDL at onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
2) Online through UTIITSL at myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/CSFPANApp
A PAN card holder can download the PDF from incometaxindia.gov.in/Documents/form-for-changes-in-pan.pdf.
It must be noted that in case of any change in the PAN database, that is, the details provided at the time of obtaining the PAN must be intimated to the Income-tax Department by furnishing the details in the form for “Request For New PAN Card Or/ And Changes or Correction in PAN Data”.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.