- Budget 2022: Will there be more farm loan waivers or enhance in 80C limit in taxation? Here are expectations from 12 sectors
- Budget 2022 Expectations: Industry body CPAI urges Government to abolish CTT; tax has led to significant commodity volume erosio
- COVID-19 dented consumer confidence; average household income fell over 50% in March-July 2020, says RBI bulletin
- PM Narendra Modi's address at WEF's online event: Highlights - What all he said -Top statements
- Tata Motors drives in Safari Dark edition at Rs 19.05 lakh; check exterior, interior, colour, features and other details
PAN-Aadhaar Linking UPDATE: TOP 5 THINGS to remember, else your PAN card may become INVALID after THIS date
The date of linking PAN-Aadhaar is approaching. If you haven’t linked them yet, then definitely do.
The date of linking PAN-Aadhaar is approaching. If you haven’t linked them yet, then definitely do. Because this is the last chance. After this, the date of linking PAN-Aadhaar will not be extended. The Income Tax Department said that it is mandatory to link PAN-Aadhaar by June 30, 2021. So don't wait for the deadline or another date and miss the bus! Before that, complete the linking process. If not linked by June 30, the PAN card will be treated as cancelled and it will become useless.
According to the rules, if you do not link, your PAN card will become invalid under Section-139AA of the Income Tax Act. Similarly, in case of non-linking of PAN card, there will be trouble in filing ITR online. Your tax refund may get stuck. Apart from this, when you do any other financial transaction, then you will not be able to use PAN card at that time.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Keep these 5 things in mind, while linking PAN-Aadhaar card
1) It is easy to link Alphanumeric Permanent Account Number with 12-digit Aadhaar online through e-filing portal. To link both, you can also send SMS in a format to UIDPAN12digit Aadhaar> 10digitPAN> 567678 or 56161.
2) Those who are facing problems with online linking of PAN-Aadhaar can also do it offline from PAN service centers of NSDL and UTITSL.
3) If you have not done PAN-Aadhaar link within the deadline, then there is a possibility that the Income Tax Department will declare your PAN as 'Invalid'. This means that after this you will not be able to use the PAN card for important tasks like ITR or opening bank accounts.
4) Use of an ‘inoperative’ PAN under Section 272B of the Income Tax Act, 1961, attracts a fine of Rs 10,000. Take special care while filling PAN card information. Fill the 10-digit PAN number carefully. Any spelling mistake in this can send you towards a heavy penalty. Not only this, even if you have two PAN cards, you will have to pay a hefty fine.
5) The requirement of linking PAN with Aadhaar does not apply to NRIs. However, an NRI may require Aadhaar to perform certain financial transactions. And they are eligible to apply for it. If you have Aadhaar, you can link it with your PAN.
How to Link PAN-Aadhaar card
- First of all, if your account has not been created, then register yourself first.
- Visit the Income Tax Department's e-filing website (www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in).
- An option will appear on the website 'Link Aadhaar', click here.
- After login, go to your account's profile settings.
- In the profile setting, you will see the option to link Aadhar card, select it.
- Enter your Aadhar Number and Captcha Code in the section provided here.
- After filling the information, click on the 'Link Aadhaar' option shown below. After this your Aadhaar will be linked.
If ‘Invalid’ PAN card is used
After the cancellation of the PAN card, it can be made operative again. But, if someone uses the invalid PAN card in the meantime, then it will be considered as a violation of Section 272B under the Income Tax Act. In this, the PAN holder will have to pay a fine of Rs 10,000. If the invalid PAN card is used again, then the penalty can also be increased.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.