EPFO: Left your job? Know how to update the date of exit
The date of exit is updated when the contribution from the employees and employers is stopped. It can only be marked two months after the last contribution made by the employer in the provident fund account of an employee.
Have you quit or left your job? And now you are worried about your Employees Provident Fund (EPF) account? Then, there is no need to worry as employees can now update their date of exit on the EPFO site after leaving the job.
As per the EPFO rules, if an employee is joining another organisation, then he is required to enroll as a member under the new organisation, for transferring his provident fund from his previous account.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
It can be noted that the date of exit is updated when the contribution from the employees and employers is stopped. It can only be marked two months after the last contribution made by the employer in the provident fund account of an employee. While entering the date of exit, an employer can enter any date of the month in which the last contribution was made.
Here is how an employee can update his/her date of exit:
1. To update the date of exit, an employee needs to visit the Member Unified Portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
2. Now login with the Universal Account Number (UAN) and password.
3. Go to Manage and click on Mark Exit.
4. Select PF Account Number from the Select Employment dropdown.
5. Click on Request OTP and enter the OTP sent on your Aadhaar-linked Mobile Number.
6. Then select the Checkbox and click ok.
7. Your Date of Exit will be updated.
In case of changing the job, the PF account holder can transfer the PF account to the new organisation.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.