- Global View: UltraTech, Tech Mahindra and Devyani International could give 10-14% return
- Buy, Sell or Hold: What should investors do with DLF, Welspun Corp and Bajaj Finance?
- Anil Singhvi’s Strategy January 18: Day support zone on Nifty is 18,200-18,250 and Bank Nifty is 38,000-38,125
- Stocks in Focus on January 18: Tatva Chintan Pharma, Angel One, Tata Power, Cholamandalam Investment, PTC Industries and many mo
- PM Kisan 10th Installment: How eligible beneficiaries can include names in PM KISAN list? Check documents, process
Stock Markets CLOSING BELL! Indusind Bank, Tata Steel, Bharti Airtel, NTPC, HCL top losers; Sensex, Nifty fall for 3rd straight session; Bank Nifty down 1.9%
In 30 share BSE Sensex, 9 stocks ended in green on Tuesday while remaining 21 stocks were trading in the red. Top 5 gainers were Asian Paints, Ultratech Cement, Bajaj Auto, Hindustan Unilever and Nestle India while the top 5 losers were Indusind Bank, Tata Steel, Bharti Airtel, NTPC and HCL Technologies
The Indian stock markets ended negatively on Tuesday. This is the third straight fall for the domestic bourses. The BSE Sensex ended at 52,198.51, down by almost 354 points or 0.68 per cent while the broader market NSE Nifty 50 ended at 15,632.10, down by almost 120 points or 0.76 per cent. Nifty Bank stocks also fell sharply on Tuesday.
In the 30 share BSE Sensex, only 9 stocks were trading in the green at the end of Tuesday’s trading session while the remaining 21 stocks were trading in the red at the closing time. The top 5 gainers on Tuesday at close were Asian Paints, Ultratech Cement, Bajaj Auto, Hindustan Unilever and Nestle India while the top 5 losers were Indusind Bank, Tata Steel, Bharti Airtel, NTPC and HCL Technologies.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Meanwhile in the 50-share NSE Nifty 50, at the closing time 10 shares advanced, while the remaining 40 shares declined. Asian Paints, Ultratech Cement, Maruti Suzuki, Hindustan Unilever and Grasim Industries were the top 5 gainers on Tuesday. The top 5 losers in the day’s trade were Hindalco Industries, Indusind Bank, Tata Steel, NTPC and Bharti Airtel.
Most major indices including Nifty 50, Nifty Next 50, Nifty Midcap 50, Nifty Bank and Nifty Financial Services ended in the red on Tuesday.
Nifty Sectoral Indices
- Among the sectoral indices, Nifty Bank ended 1.9 per cent down at 34,415.45.
- Nifty auto was down 0.86 per cent at 10,222.20.
- Nifty Realty was also down by over 2.53 per cent and ended at 389.15.
- Nifty PSU Bank ended at 2,388.05, down 1.93 per cent from the Monday closing.
- Nifty Media, Nifty IT, Nifty Metal and Nifty Pharma ended in the red on Tuesday. Nifty FMCG ended in the green.
Today, the USDINR futures were trading at 74.6800 on the BSE against the USD at 3:45 pm moving with a negative bias and up by 0.48 per cent from the Monday closing price.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.