- No petrol, diesel if you fail to produce PUC certificate at fuel stations from THIS date
- Bharti Airtel is first telecom company to launch 5g service in India; where do Jio, Vodafone Idea stand?
- 5G Services Launch Event Highlights - Jio 5G services across India by December 2023; Airtel to cover entire country by March 202
- Vikram Vedha Box Office Collection Day 1: How much money Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan-starrer made on first day
- UPI transactions jumps over 3% at 678 crore in September
SEBI chairman explains how Karvy-like incidents can be avoided
SEBI would take further steps to avoid issues like the recent development involving Karvy Stock Broking, said a top securities market regulator official.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) would take further steps to avoid issues like the recent development involving Karvy Stock Broking, said a top securities market regulator official, here on Monday."We have taken some steps and will take more steps," said SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi.
The regulator had taken prompt action regarding regulatory issues arising from companies and broking firms, he said on the sidelines of an event. The regulator would take steps to avoid a situation like the recent developments when Karvy Stock Broking pledged Rs 2,300 crore securities of over 95,000 clients with HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Bahah Finance and IndusInd Bank as collateral to raise money.
On the significance of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), he said it would have a positive impact on the market in five years. Though recent developments regarding defaults and corporate misgovernance had impacted the investor sentiment, "it doesn`t mean everything is bad or wrong," Tyagi said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.