- US stock futures bounce ahead of US Fed; crude oil gains on Russia-Ukraine crisis - policy plan likely at 12:30 am IST
- LIVE: Budget 2022 Expectations: What India Inc. wants from Modi government, FM Nirmala Sitharaman in Union Budget 2022-23
- Republic Day 2022 Parade: Highlights - Amazing extravaganza of India's military might, rich culture and unity - Pics, videos and
- Dalal Street Voice: Government might be able to meet fiscal deficit, thanks to LIC IPO: Ricky Kirpalani of First Water Capital F
- Unlocking financial freedom this Republic Day: 5 Things to know before embarking on financial journey
NHPC pays Rs 249 cr dividend to government for 2020-21
According to the statement, NHPC CMD AK Singh handed the payment intimation advice to R K Singh, Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy, here on October 26, 2021, in the presence of Power Secretary Alok Kumar
State-owned hydro power giant NHPC has paid the final dividend of Rs 249.44 crore to the government for 2020-21.
NHPC has paid a final dividend of Rs 249.44 Crore to the Government of India for 2020-21 on October 21, a power ministry statement said.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
According to the statement, NHPC CMD AK Singh handed the payment intimation advice to R K Singh, Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy, here on October 26, 2021, in the presence of Power Secretary Alok Kumar.
In addition, it said that an interim dividend of Rs 890.85 crore for 2020-21 was paid on March 05, 2021, aggregating a total dividend of Rs 1,140.28 crore for 2020-21.
The Board of Directors in its meeting held on June 10 had recommended a final dividend at the rate of Rs 0.35 per equity share i.E. 3.50 per cent of the face value for 2020-21, which was approved in AGM on September 29, 2021.
An interim dividend at the rate of Rs 1.25 per equity share i.E. 12.50 per cent of the face value was paid on March 05, 2021.
Thus, a total dividend of Rs 1.60 per share has been paid for 2020-21.
NHPC today has seven lakh shareholders (approx) and total dividend pay-out for the FY 2020-21, including interim dividend, worked out to Rs 1,607.21 crore as against Rs 1,506.76 crore for 2019.20, it said.
In terms of the Department of Investment & Public Asset Management (DIPAM) guidelines dated May 27, 2016, on Capital Restructuring of CPSEs, each CPSU is required to pay a minimum annual dividend at the rate of 30 per cent of PAT (profit after tax) or 5 per cent of net worth, whichever is higher.
In line with the guidelines, NHPC has paid a total dividend of Rs 1,607.21 crore or 5.08 per cent of the net worth and 49.71 per cent of PAT for 2020-21.
NHPC had earned a net profit of Rs 3,233.37 crore for 2020-21 against Rs 3,007.17 crore a year ago.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.