- Vedanta to create $10 billion fund to bid for BPCL stake, other assets, Chairman Anil Agarwal says
- Bulk Deals: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala picks stake in Indiabulls Housing on Tuesday; buys stake from RARE Enterprises, company backed b
- 5G deployment in US becomes bone of contention between airlines, telecom companies AT&T and Verizon; Air India, Emirates cancel
- Manpower cost likely to increase in next 2 quarters: Virender Jeet, CEO, Newgen Software
- Toyota Kirloskar unveils Hilux; company likely to reveal price next month, delivery starts in April 2022
MFIs pitch for issuance of tax free social bonds by NABARD, SIDBI
Micro-finance institutions have made a pitch for issuance of tax-free social bonds for five years by SIDBI/NABARD to exclusively provide debt to the sector operating in semi urban, rural areas or aspirational districts.
In a pre-Budget memorandum to the Finance Ministry, Sa-Dhan, the association of microfinance sector, also made a case for introduction of credit guarantee scheme and refinance facility for MFIs through the National Bank For Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Small industrial Development Bank of India (SIDBI) or MUDRA.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
It has also demanded relaxation of Alternative Investment Fund subscription amount from Rs 100 lakh to Rs 5 lakh for individual investors so that fund flow to social sectors specially microfinance, agriculture, water and sanitation, etc can be facilitated.
"Issuance of tax-free social bonds for 5 years by SIDBI/NABARD is to exclusively provide debt to MFIs operating in semi urban, rural areas/aspirational districts. This pool of funds will take industry to the next level and will help to uplift lives of rural population with strong wave of financial inclusion," it said.
It also suggested setting up of special funding window under Targeted Long-Term Repo Operations (TLTRO) for MFIs to facilitate flow of long term funding to the sector which is very critical for upscaling disbursements.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.