- Stock Markets on Monday: FII selling, US market corrections remain a pain point for domestic equities; Anil Singhvi gives trigge
- IT indices top losers on NSE, BSE this week; Tata Elxsi gained 16%, Sterlite Tech fell 24%
- RIL Q3 Result: Reliance Industries reports 41.5% jump in December quarter profit - Rs 18,549 crore
- Budget 2022 Expectations: USD14 bn warehousing industry ready with its wishlist ahead of budget
- Mutual Fund in 2021: Equity outperforms Fixed Deposit, gold loses sheen while debt schemes least favoured by millennials
Markets Today: Closing Bell! Nifty 50 ends flat, Sensex marginally lower on Wednesday; Central Bank up 10% as most bank stocks shine
In the 30 share BSE Sensex, 13 stocks were trading in the green at the end of Wednesday’s trading session while the remaining 17 were trading in the red. The top five gainers on Wednesday at close were Indusind Bank, Powergrid, Reliance Industries, Bajaj Auto and Maruti Suzuki while the top 5 losers were ITC, Tech Mahindra, Axis Bank, Asian Paints and TCS
The stock markets today traded with lacklustre giving-up minor gains of the morning trade. While the BSE Sensex closed at 51,849.48, down by just over 85 points or almost 0.2 per cent, the broader market NSE Nifty 50 ended flat with a positive bias. It ended at 15,576.20 gaining a lone point with some action towards the end of the trading session.
In the 30 share BSE Sensex, 13 stocks were trading in the green at the end of Wednesday’s trading session while the remaining 17 were trading in the red. The top five gainers on Wednesday at close were Indusind Bank, Powergrid, Reliance Industries, Bajaj Auto and Maruti Suzuki while the top 5 losers were ITC, Tech Mahindra, Axis Bank, Asian Paints and TCS.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Meanwhile in the 50-share NSE Nifty 50, at the closing time 27 shares advanced while remaining 23 declined. UPL, Tata Steel, JSW Steel, Hindalco and Reliance Industries were the top 5 gainers. The top 5 losers in the day’s trade were ITC, Tech Mahindra, Axis Bank, Asian Paints and HDFC.
Nifty Midcap 50 and Nifty Bank ended the day in the green while Nifty Financial Services ended in the red.
- Among the sectoral indices, Nifty Bank was marginally up by over 0.1 per cent on Wednesday at 35,373.75. IDFC First was the biggest gainer. 8 stocks ended positively while 4 ended negatively.
- Nifty Auto ended up 1.8 per cent at 10,647.75.
- State-run banks gained and ended up 3 per cent from the previous closing price at 2,411.65. Central bank and Maharashtra Bank were the top gainers. These stocks were up almost 10 per cent and 9 per cent respectively.
- Nifty Metal, Nifty Media and Nifty Pharma ended with positive bias while Nifty IT and Nifty FMCG ended in the red.
The USD was trading strong against the INR today on the BSE at 4 pm. The USDINR futures were trading at 73.3550 going up by almost 0.3 per cent.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.