- Global View: ICICI Bank, Bandhan Bank, Cipla and Container Corp could give 15-40% return in long term
- Anil Singhvi’s Strategy January 24: Day support zone on Nifty 17,475-17,550 and Bank Nifty is 37,050-37,225
- Dalal Street Voice: Budget likely to remain pro-growth; IT, Cement among 7 themes that will dominate 2022: Hemang Jani
- Coronavirus Latest News: India logs 3,06,064 new infections; active COVID-19 cases highest in 241 days
- Investors lose Rs 9 lakh cr in a week! What should be your strategy going into Budget 2022 week?
Bears take control of stock market; Nifty, Sensex close nearly 2% lower - Reliance, Bajaj Finance among top losers
Bears took control of stock markets as benchmark indices, Nifty50 and Sensex, slipped over 2 per cent each, while the Bank Nifty slumped over 800 points.
Bears took control of stock markets as benchmark indices, Nifty50 and Sensex, slipped over 2 per cent each, while Bank Nifty slumped over 800 points. Broader markets followed the suit too as midcap and small-cap indices slumped more than 2% each. Zee Business Managing Editor Anil Singhvi said FIIs selling pressure appears to be main reason triggering this fall as the global markets largely remained positive.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Nifty slipped below 17,500, while Sensex lost nearly 1200 points at Tuesday's closing. Sensex tanked 1170.12 points or 1.96% to settle at 58,465.89, while Nifty closed at 17,441.05, down 323.75 points or 1.82%. Following headline indices, Bank Nifty too corrected by 1.89% or 717.85 to 37,258.40. Bharti Airtel gained 3.7% to end as the top Nifty, Sensex gainer. Asian Paints, Power Grid, and IndusInd Bank were other gainers on 30-share Sensex.
Among the stocks Reliance Industries, Bajaj Finance, Bajaj Finserv, Tata Motors and NTPC, which corrected between 4% and 6% on Monday, were top losers
"Indian market declined sharply today due to weak global cues amid concerns about European Covid-19 curbs and the possibility of earlier interest-rate increases in the United States," said Arijit Malakar, Head Research (Retail) of Ashika Stock Broking Ltd.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.