IRCTC online food order: Indian Railways passengers can now order food via WhatsApp | Check station list, steps to order and vendors
IRCTC online food order: Initially, two stages implementation of e-catering services has been planned through WhatsApp Communication. In the first phase, WhatsApp number will be sending a message to the customer booking e-ticket for opting for e-catering services through clicking the link www.ecatering.irctc.co.in.
IRCTC online food order: Indian Railways passengers can now order food online via WhatsApp while travelling. The facility has been initially started on select routes. It will further be expanded in other routes as well after customer's feedback and suggestions.
The announcement was made by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) on February 6 (Monday) as part of its efforts to improve catering services while also providing more options to the passengers to order food through Whtasapp.
The Indian Railways’ PSU has started e-catering services through a specially developed website www.catering.irctc.co.in as well its e-catering app Food on Track. Approximately 50, 000 meals are being served in a day to the customers through IRCTC’s e-catering services enabled through its website as well as app.
IRCTC online food order WhatsApp number
WhatsApp number +91-8750001323 has been started by the Indian Railways to make its e-catering services more customer-centric.
IRCTC online food order: Steps to order on WhatsApp
1) Initially, two stages implementation of e-catering services has been planned through WhatsApp Communication. In the first phase, WhatsApp number will be sending a message to the customer booking e-ticket for opting for e-catering services through clicking the link www.ecatering.irctc.co.in.
2) With this option, the customers will be able to book meals of their choice from the restaurants of their choice available at stations enroute directly through the e-catering website of IRCTC without even requiring to download the App.
3) In the next phase of the services, WhatsApp number will be enabled to become an interactive two way communication platform for the customer wherein an AI power chatbot will handle all queries of e-catering services for the passengers and will also book meals for them.
4) To begin with, WhatsApp communication has been implemented for e-catering services on selected trains and passengers and based on customer feedback and suggestions, Railways will enable the same on other trains too.
5) Passengers need to enter PNR and explore restaurants for their journey. After that choose food and schedule payment option and delivery station.
IRCTC online food order: List of Stations
Vijayawada junction, Nagpur, Kanpur Central, Bhopal junction, Lucknow, Gwalior, Mathura and many more. A detailed list can be checked by clicking at https://www.ecatering.irctc.co.in/.
IRCTC online food order: Vendors
There are plenty of vendors to choose from - Domino's, Behrouz, Spicy Wagon and many more.
Next RBI MPC Meeting Date: Check Monetary Policy Committee review February 2023 schedule
400% DIVIDEND STOCK: This beauty cream manufacturer fixes record date
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.