- Dalal Street Corner: Market snaps 2-day winning streak amid profit booking; what should investors do on Thursday?
- EXCLUSIVE: Government may increase GST on online gaming, casinos and horse racing to 28%
- Patanjali Ayurved to launch its IPO, Swami Ramdev tells Anil Singhvi; gives reason behind Ruchi Soya's name change
- Finance Ministry to clarify doubts on applicability of TDS on perks received in business, profession
- Twitter puts ''correct views'' in front of people: Undercover recording reveals
What Is Gift Tax And Who Introduced It?
Zee Business Video Team | Updated: January 17, 2022 20:45 pm
Gift Tax was introduced in 1958-59 by former prime minister Jawahar Lal Nehru. Nehru, who was also the finance minister at that time, presented the gift tax provision during the union budget presentation. Watch the full video to know why exactly this tax was introduced.