- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
Arun Jaitley requests PM Modi to not include him in new cabinet
Updated: May 30, 2019 12:36 pm
Citing health reasons, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi to not include him in the new cabinet, and said he wants “reasonable” time for his treatment. “I am writing to you to formally request you that I should be allowed a reasonable time for myself, my treatment and my health, and, therefore, not be a part of any responsibility, for the present, in the new Government,” Jaitley said in a letter to PM Modi. Jaitley, however, added that since he would have a lot of time with him during his break, he would informally support the government or the party.