- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha election results 2019: In UP, BJP gets 60 and counting, SP-BSP struggles to touch 15
Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha election results 2019: The BJP and its ally Apna Dal(S) have won 62 of Uttar Pradesh's 80 Lok Sabha seats, demolishing the challenge posed by the SP-BSP alliance, which has managed to get 14 seats between them.
Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha election results 2019: The BJP and its ally Apna Dal(S) have won 62 of Uttar Pradesh's 80 Lok Sabha seats, demolishing the challenge posed by the SP-BSP alliance, which has managed to get 14 seats between them. The counting of votes is still underway in the state, which sends the highest number of MPs in the Lower House, and the Election Commission has declared results of 77 seats as of 6:20 AM Friday. Of these, the BJP has won 60 seats and its NDA ally Apna Dal (S) two. The BJP is also leading on two seats.
The party's most remarkable victory came in Amethi where Union minister Smriti Irani unseated Congress president Rahul Gandhi from his party's bastion. The NDA tally was just 11 short of the 73, the number of seats the two parties won in the Hindi heartland state in 2014. This gap is set to come down to nine. The opposition SP-BSP alliance bagged 14 seats, with nine going to Mayawati's BSP.
The party is also leading in one seat.
The Congress just managed to open its account in the state as UPA chairperson and Congress leader Sonia Gandhi won the Rae Bareli seat.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.