- Will oil prices surge to $380 or slump to $45—What JP Morgan, CITI reports say?
- Bajaj Finance stock jumps 3% after quarterly update; what should investors do? Check brokerage views, target prices
- Stocks to buy: Sanjiv Bhasin picks Wipro, Tata Chemicals, Adani Ports, Coforge for gains today; Here's why
- LPG Price Hike: Domestic LPG cylinder price hiked by Rs 50; Check new rates in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai
- Government notifies procedural changes in GST rules - details here
UP MLC Election Result 2022: Saffron sweep! Party wise list of seats, winners, margins and more - BJP wins 33 of 36 seats; Samajwadi Party draws a blank
UP MLC Election Result 2022: It is a massive win for BJP in UP MLC Election Result 2022 as the saffron party swept UP Legislative Council polls while Akhilesh Yadav-led SP drew a blank.
A month after its resounding victory in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections, the BJP has swept the biennial polls to the state's Legislative Council by winning 33 out of 36 constituencies.
UP MLC Election Result 2022: Party wise list of seats
BJP: 33 out of 36 seats won!
-According to the results declared on Tuesday, the BJP won 24 of the 27 seats, where polling was held last week.
- In addition, the BJP had won nine of the 36 seats unopposed.
- The results take the BJP past the halfway-mark in the 100-member House.
- Now, it will have 67 members in the upper house of the state legislature.
-Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated BJP candidates and workers on the party's victory in the polls. In a Hindi tweet, he said the win reflects people's faith in the BJP's development model.
उत्तर प्रदेश विधान परिषद के चुनावों में सभी विजयी उम्मीदवारों को बहुत-बहुत बधाई। यह जीत एक बार फिर भाजपा के विकास मॉडल पर जनता-जनार्दन के विश्वास की अभिव्यक्ति है। @myogiadityanath जी की सरकार के साथ ही पार्टी संगठन से जुड़े सभी कार्यकर्ताओं को ढेरों शुभकामनाएं।
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) April 12, 2022
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath congratulated the winners and said the BJP's resounding victory has again established that people of the state have faith in the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Before the polls, the BJP had 34 members in the House.
- Two independents emerged victorious in the elections.
Jansatta Dal (Loktantrik)
- A candidate from the Jansatta Dal (Loktantrik)
- Akshay Pratap Singh of Jansatta Dal (Loktantrik) defeated BJP's Hari Pratap Singh in Pratapgarh by a margin of 1,107 votes.
Samajwadi Party: BLANK!
The Samajwadi Party (SP), the main opposition in the state, drew a blank.
In Varanasi, BJP's Sudama Patel stood third with just 170 votes as Independent candidate Annapurna Singh secured a resounding victory with 4,234 votes.
Samajwadi Party's Umesh Yadav got 345 votes, Varanasi District Magistrate Kaushal Raj Sharma said.
The mood at the BJP office here was upbeat as jubilant party workers danced and distributed sweets to mark the party's victory.
Highest and lowest margin
-The highest victory margin was of 5,939 votes in the Moradabad-Bijnor constituency, where BJP's Satyapal Saini defeated Ajay Malik of the SP.
- The victory margin was the lowest in the Jhansi-Jalaun-Lalitpur seat, where Rama Niranjan of the BJP defeated SP's Shyam Sundar Singh by 579 votes.
UP MLC Election Result 2022: Key details
-The BJP lost Azamgarh-Mau seat to independent candidate Vikrant Singh 'Rishu' by 2,813 votes.
-BJP's Ravishankar Singh Pappu, grandson of former Prime Minister Chandrasekhar, won from Ballia seat, defeating SP's Arvind Giri by 1,981 votes.
-In the Lucknow-Unnao constituency, BJP's Ramchandra Pradhan defeated Sunil Singh 'Sajan' by 3,088 votes.
-CP Chand of the BJP defeated Rajnish Yadav of the SP in Gorakhpur-Maharajganj seat by a margin of 4,432 votes.
- Similarly in Allahabad, KP Srivastava of the BJP defeated SP's Vasudev Yadav by 1,658 votes.
-In Barabanki, BJP's Angad Singh trounced Rajesh Kumar Yadav of the SP by 1,745 votes.
-In Sitapur, BJP's Pawan Kumar Singh defeated Arunesh Yadav of the Samajwadi Party (SP) by 3,692 votes while in Basti, BJP leader Subhas Yaduvansh defeated SP's Santosh Yadav by 4,294 votes.
- BJP's Hari Om Pandey defeated Heeralal Yadav of the SP by 1,680 votes in the Faizabad seat.
-There were 95 candidates in the fray and the polling was held at 739 centres, according to the Uttar Pradesh chief electoral officer.
-As many as 1,20,657 people were eligible to vote in the polls held on Saturday.
-Nine MLCs from eight local authority constituencies--Budaun, Hardoi, Kheri, Mirzapur-Sonbhadra, Banda-Hamirpur, Aligarh, Bulandshahr and Mathura-Etah-Mainpuri--have been elected unopposed.
- Two MLCs were elected unopposed from the Mathura-Etah-Mainpuri constituency, while one MLC each was elected unopposed from the remaining constituencies.
-In the 100-member Legislative Council, the BJP will now have 67 MLCs, Samajwadi Party 17 and the Bahujan Samaj Party four.
-The Congress, Apna Dal (Sonelal) and the NISHAD party have one member each in the House.
-The teachers' group has two MLCs while the Independent group (Nirdal Samooh) and Independents have one MLC each.
-Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath had vacated his council seat recently while former leader of opposition Ahmad Hassan of the SP died in February this year.
-The voters in this biennial election are village pradhans, members and chairman of block development councils and zila panchayats, and corporators in urban areas.
MLAs and MPs also vote.
-The Congress and the BSP did not field any candidate in the Legislative Council elections, making it a direct fight between the BJP and the SP.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.