- LIVE: Republic Day 2022 Parade: Timing changed - know when, where and how to watch TV telecast, online streaming - Check latest
- Republic Day 2022: Check 73rd R-Day parade timings, when and where to watch LIVE and other details
- Top recognition of India's tech talent: Padma Bhushan for Satya Nadella and Sundar Pichai
- Republic Day: Top 5 ‘Made In India’ stocks that could give bumper returns on strong fundamentals
- Unlocking financial freedom this Republic Day: 5 Things to know before embarking on financial journey
UP hikes sugarcane purchase price by Rs 25 per quintal
In a major decision barely months ahead of the upcoming 2022 Assembly elections, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Sunday announced a Rs 25 per quintal hike in the purchase prices of sugarcane in the state.
Addressing a meeting of farmers here organised by the BJP's Kisan Morcha, Adityanath said, "The government has decided that the variety of sugarcane for which Rs 325 per quintal was paid to farmers, that price has been increased to Rs 350, which will be paid to farmers."
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
"The government has also decided to increase the price of ordinary sugarcane variety, to Rs 340 (per quintal) up from Rs 315 (per quintal). The government has also decided to the hike the value of the 'anupyukt' (less yielding) variety of sugarcane by Rs 25 per quintal."
Elaborating about the benefits, Adityanath said, "This will enable the sugarcane farmers to increase their income by 8 per cent, and will be a transformation in the lives of 45 lakh farmers."
He also said that 119 sugarmills will be operated, and they will be linked with ethanol.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.