- Foreign portfolio investors' exodus continues for 9th month; withdraw Rs 50,203 cr from equity market in June - know reasons
- Windfall tax to recoup most of Rs 1 lakh cr revenue lost in excise cuts, industry sources say
- D-Mart Q1 revenue jumps almost 2-fold to Rs 9,806.89 cr
- This Android malware switches off Wi-Fi and drain mobile wallet
- North Korea says US, South Korea-Japan agreement materialises US plan for 'Asian NATO'
This app will help you find your GST rates on various goods and supplies
To bring in proper understanding of GST rates for Indian, the Finance Ministry has launched a GST Rates Finder app.
- GST Bill is effective from July 01, 2017
- Arun Jaitley launches 'GST Rate Finder' mobile app
- CBEC provides 'GST Rate Finder' for taxpayers
In a move to support citizens to get their correct GST rates on goods and services, the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has launched a mobile app called ''GST Rates Finder''.
"These initiatives are aimed to serve as a ready reckoner on GST rates. This will empower not only the taxpayers, but every citizen of the nation, to ascertain the correct GST rate on goods and services," said the Ministry of Finance.
On the midnight of June 31, President Pranab Mukherjee along Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the long awaited- GST bill effective from July 01, 2017.
'GST Rate Finder' is available on android platform currently and will be soon available on iOS platform as well.
It can be downloaded on any smart phone and can work in offline mode, once downloaded.
Once downloaded, you will be able to see three catogories namely ' TAX rates: Goods', 'TAX rates: Services' and Information @CBEC.
Users can determine the GST rate for a good or a service by entering the name or Chapter heading of the commodity or service.
Searched items will list all the goods and services containing the name which was typed in search box.
User can scroll down the list of description when any specific item on the list is clicked, the display window will pop-up, containing details such as GST rate, description of goods or services and the Chapter heading of the Harmonised System of Nomenclature (HSN).
Following this, the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) has also provided GST rate finder on its portal to help the taxpayers know the applicable GST rate on their supplies of goods and services.
A tax payer can search for applicable CGST, SGST, UTGST rate and Compensation Cess on a supply. The search can be made based on description of goods or services or HSN Chapter or section or heading number.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.