- Service charge on food bills: Big development from Delhi HC - No stay on guidelines prohibiting hotels, restaurants
- Fixed Depsit Interest Rate: Check latest FD rates of HDFC Bank, SBI, Kotak Mahindra Bank, PNB, ICICI Bank, BoB, IOB, Ujjivan
- Operation Demat Daka Big Impact: 4 out of 5 victims of demat account hacking receive compensation; Anil Singhvi lauds them for t
- Indian Railways to shut 300 ticket counters this year, to make IRCTC server robust
- India’s first electric double-decker bus Switch EiV22 unveiled | PHOTOS
Revolutionary step! Big Modi government gift to 40 lakh Delhi residents - End of injustice!
It's a big gift from PM Narendra Modi-led Central government to 40 lakh Delhi residents.
It's a big gift from PM Narendra Modi-led Central government to 40 lakh Delhi residents. In a major public welfare push, a Bill to regularise Delhi's 1,731 unauthorised colonies was passed in the Lok Sabha on Thursday with voice vote. These 40 lakh residents have been residing in such colonies for years.
End of injustice -Revolutionary step by Modi government
In his concluding reply over the National Capital Territory of Delhi (Recognition of Public Rights of Residents in Unauthorised Colonies) Bill, 2019, Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said the Centre is committed to "end the injustice which has been going on". Calling the move a "revolutionary step", Puri said the work, which was not done in the last 11 years, the government will complete in just 30 days.
He said the government is ready to discuss and solve the issue if anything is left in scheme to resolve the problem.
He also mentioned that a digital mapping of 1,731 such colonies is being done through satellite imagery and the work will be uploaded by December 31 at a newly-created portal. "A physical mapping will also be done". The Minister said the mapping process of over 600 such colonies has been completed.
What the Bill is all about? TOP THINGS TO KNOW
- The Bill, which was introduced on Tuesday, will provide special provision for the national capital by recognising the property rights of ownership or transfer or mortgage in favour of residents of such colonies who are possessing properties on the basis of power of attorney, agreement to sale, will, possession letter, or any other documents, including documents evidencing payment of consideration.
-The Bill seeks to levy stamp duty and registration charges on the amount mentioned in the conveyance deed or authorisation slip issued by the Delhi Development Authority and non-payment of any stamp duty and registration charges on any previous sale transactions made prior to the last transaction.
Unauthorised colonies in Delhi: What's the current status?
- Currently, the properties in the unauthorised colonies are not registered by any authority, so, the residents do not have any title documents of such properties.
-The ownership of the properties in unauthorised colonies has been transferred several times on the basis of registered or unregistered or notarised power of attorney, agreement to sale, will, possession letter and other documents
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.