- Global View: ICICI Bank, Bandhan Bank, Cipla and Container Corp could give 15-40% return in long term
- Anil Singhvi’s Strategy January 24: Day support zone on Nifty 17,475-17,550 and Bank Nifty is 37,050-37,225
- Dalal Street Voice: Budget likely to remain pro-growth; IT, Cement among 7 themes that will dominate 2022: Hemang Jani
- Coronavirus Latest News: India logs 3,06,064 new infections; active COVID-19 cases highest in 241 days
- Investors lose Rs 9 lakh cr in a week! What should be your strategy going into Budget 2022 week?
Pooling of vehicles instead of work from home for employees: Centre to Supreme Court on air pollution
The Centre, in an affidavit, said the number of vehicles used for the Central government business in NCR was not very significant.
The Centre has told the Supreme Court in an affidavit that it was not asking the Central government employees to work from home, as normalization of the functioning of offices is returning post-Covid pandemic, rather it has issued an advisory to employees for pooling and sharing of vehicles.
WATCH | Click on Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
The Centre, in an affidavit, said the number of vehicles used for the Central government business in NCR was not very significant, therefore "the Central government decided that in view of the recent normalisation of functioning of Central government offices post-Covid pandemic, the advantage of not passing work from home direction would outweigh the advantages which would be gained from work from home directions".
The affidavit added, "Instead, DoPT Government of India has issued an advisory for the Central Government officers and staff for pooling and sharing of vehicles to the maximum extent possible so that number of the Central Government vehicles plying for commuting of officers and staff are reduced substantially".
The top court has started hearing the matter. Previously, the top court had asked the Centre and state government to hold an emergency meeting to propose steps to curb air pollution in the capital.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.