- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
PM Narendra Modi's Panchpran - 15th August - five pledges that will make India a developed nation in 25 years
PM Modi said that India must be a developed nation in 25 years. As we enter the Amrit Kaal, we must resolve to fulfil the dreams of India`s freedom fighters
Addressing the nation for the 9th time from the historic ramparts of Red Fort on the occasion of 75th Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi called for moving India forward with five pledges to achieve the dreams by 2047.
PM Modi said that India must be a developed nation in 25 years. As we enter the Amrit Kaal, we must resolve to fulfil the dreams of India`s freedom fighters.
"We must resolve to work towards a `Viksit Bharat` (Developed India) and remove any vestiges of colonialism from any corner or in our hearts," said the Prime Minister.
"In the coming years, we have to focus on `Panchpran` (5 pledges). First: to move forward with bigger resolutions and resolve of developed India; second: to erase all traces of servitude; third: be proud of our legacy; fourth: the strength of unity; and fifth: the duties of citizens that also includes the PM and CMs," said PM Modi.
"Working towards a Viksit Bharat, remember the time before Independence... yes, people had different methods of working but the goal was the same and the goal was big - the freedom of India. In this Amrit Kaal we have to come together and work towards another big goal of a Viksit Bharat," he said.
PM Modi urged the youth of the nation from the rampart of Red Forte to dedicate the next 25 years of their lives for the nation`s development. He said that we should work towards the development of the entire humanity.
"When the dreams are big, hard work is important. It needs to be inspired by the pledge and the determination of freedom fighters who dreamt of a free India," PM added in his historic speech.
PM Modi said that we have to put India first and this will pave the way for a united India.
Here are PM Modi's Panchpran
1) to move forward with bigger resolutions and resolve of developed India;
2) second: to erase all traces of servitude;
3) be proud of our legacy
4) the strength of unity
5) the duties of citizens that also includes the PM and CMs
Inputs from IANS
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.