- Covid-19; Insurance claim 25% lower this time versus 2nd wave peak; treatments given more than required in many cases: ICICI Lom
- Bulk Deals: Foce India, Timescan Logistics among companies which see bulk buying on Wednesday - details here!
- Bajaj Auto Q3FY22 Earnings: Net profit falls 22% to Rs 1214 cr; revenues up 1% in line with street expectations
- DGCA extends ban on international flights till February 28 due to surging coronavirus cases; cargo operations exempted
- SEBI launches mobile app 'Saa₹thi' to provide financial product information to investors
People need to pay for good roads: Nitin Gadkari on toll charges on highways
Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said people need to pay if they want better road infrastructure in the country and mentioned how expressways help in reducing travel time and fuel costs.
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said people need to pay if they want better road infrastructure in the country and mentioned how expressways help in reducing travel time and fuel costs.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
While reviewing the progress of Delhi-Mumbai Expressway (DME) in Sohna, Road Transport Minister Gadkari said the farmers who have their land near the expressway should not sell it to developers, instead they should partner with developers and build road-side amenities.
Drawing an inference with regard to rise in travel costs due to toll charges, the minister said, "If you want to use an air-conditioned hall, you have to pay for it. Otherwise, you can arrange a marriage on a field as well."
Gadkari pointed out that the expressway will decrease travel time significantly, which will result in reduction in cost of fuel.
"The Delhi-Mumbai Expressway will decrease travel time to 12 hours. A truck takes 48 hours to reach Mumbai from Delhi. But on the expressway, it will take only 18 hours. "So, a truck will be able to undertake more trips, which would in turn mean more business," Gadkari said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.