Modi Cabinet Expansion 2021: Vistar! Date, time, big names, probable faces, expected ministers in reshuffle, representation from states and more - FULL LIST, DETAILS
The Union cabinet expansion is likely on the cards this week. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to rejig the cabinet in the ongoing week.
The Union cabinet expansion is likely on the cards this week. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to rejig the cabinet in the ongoing week. Currently, the Union cabinet comprises 52 faces and it is expected that PM Modi might add 20 more ministers in the existing set up. The total size of the cabinet would go up to 75 to 81 ministers in the much-expected cabinet expansion/reshuffle. It is expected that BJP's alliance partners like JDU and LJP may be part of the likely cabinet expansion, while ministers with extra portfolios may relieve extra posts for the new ministers. Let us understand this development and understand how new cabinet may look and probable candidates in the fray.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
*Sushil Modi, Jyotiraditya Scindia, Sarbananda Sonowal, Ladakh MP Jamyang Tsering Namgyal and Anupriya Patel are top names which may see their induction in the likely expanded cabinet.
* It is expected that the cabinet expansion may take place this week itself and as per sources the expansion is due on July 7.
* Around 20 to 22 ministers are expected to take the oath.
* It is expected that three ministers from Uttar Pradesh may be inducted in the Ministry of communications. Apna Dal (Sonelal) chief Anupriya Patel may make the cut too.
* From Bihar, two to three ministers may be inducted in the expanded cabinet. Former Bihar deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi, JDU's RCP Singh and LJP's Pashupati Kumar Paras are the top probable candidates from the eastern state.
* It is also expected that one to two ministers may be included from Madhya Pradesh too. Jyotiraditya Scindia and MP Rakesh Singh are two candidates who may find place in the new cabinet.
* Similarly, one to two members from Maharashtra, Assam, West Bengal and one each from Rajasthan, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Odisha may be inducted in the cabinet. Narayan Rane from Maharashtra is expected to make the cut. Sarbananda Sonowal, Shantanu Thakur, Nisith Pramanik and Jamyang Tsering Namgyal from their respective states and UT may also find place in the new cabinet.
* Prakash Javadekar, Piyush Goyal, Dharmendra Pradhan, Nitin Gadkari, Dr Harsh Vardhan, Narendra Singh Tomar, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Smirti Irani and Hardeep Singh Puri are the ministers who are currently holding two or more portfolios.
Sources say that Union Cabinet may see 81 ministers and the probable expansion may take place between 6 to 8 July instead of July 7.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.