- Foreign portfolio investors' exodus continues for 9th month; withdraw Rs 50,203 cr from equity market in June - know reasons
- Windfall tax to recoup most of Rs 1 lakh cr revenue lost in excise cuts, industry sources say
- D-Mart Q1 revenue jumps almost 2-fold to Rs 9,806.89 cr
- This Android malware switches off Wi-Fi and drain mobile wallet
- North Korea says US, South Korea-Japan agreement materialises US plan for 'Asian NATO'
Maharashtra housing society office-bearers booked post COVID-19 death
Mahrashtra: The chairperson and secretary of a Housing society in Dombivali, Thane were booked after a resident died of COVID-19 and the local civic body complained the duo had allowed a clothes sale in the premises in violation of lockdown norms, police said on Sunday.
Maharashtra: The chairperson and secretary of a Housing society in Dombivali in Thane were booked after a resident died of COVID-19 and the local civic body complained the duo had allowed a clothes sale in the premises in violation of lockdown norms, police said on Sunday.
A case has been registered against the two office- bearers in Thakurli under relevant sections of IPC, Epidemic Diseases Act and Disaster Management Rules, an official said.
"The Kalyan Dombivali municipal corporation has complained that the two allowed a clothes sale in the society's clubhouse in August despite a prohibition on all such activities as part of the coronavirus-induced lockdown," he said.
"A resident died of COVID-19 on August 18, and the civic body has alleged it was due to social distancing and other norms being violated during the clothes sale. Further probe into the matter is underway," he added.
The story has been taken from a news agency
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.