- Vedanta to create $10 billion fund to bid for BPCL stake, other assets, Chairman Anil Agarwal says
- Bulk Deals: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala picks stake in Indiabulls Housing on Tuesday; buys stake from RARE Enterprises, company backed b
- 5G deployment in US becomes bone of contention between airlines, telecom companies AT&T and Verizon; Air India, Emirates cancel
- Manpower cost likely to increase in next 2 quarters: Virender Jeet, CEO, Newgen Software
- Toyota Kirloskar unveils Hilux; company likely to reveal price next month, delivery starts in April 2022
Magnitude 6 earthquake strikes India-Myanmar border
A 6.1 magnitude earthquake rocked the northeast region, including Assam and Mizoram, in the early hours of Friday.
A 6.1 magnitude earthquake rocked the northeast region, including Assam and Mizoram, in the early hours of Friday, the National Seismology Department said.
There has been no report of loss of life or damage to property so far.
The quake, which was felt in several northeastern states, was epicentered near the boundary with Myanmar near Mizoram, as per data shared by the department.
It was recorded at 5.15 am, at a depth of 35 km, the data showed.
The northeastern region sits on a high seismic zone, making earthquakes frequent in the area.
A 6.4 magnitude quake had shaken Assam and parts of the region on April 28.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.