- Independence Day 2022 Celebrations: HIGHLIGHTS - KNOW TOP POINTS, IMPORTANT QUOTES, BIG STATEMENTS
- PM Narendra Modi's Panchpran - 15th August - five pledges that will make India a developed nation in 25 years
- Independence Day 2022: What PM Modi said on launch of 5G mobile services in his I-Day speech
- Independence Day 2022: PM Modi dons white turban with Tricolour stripes in tune with Har Ghar Tiranga | PICS
- Dividend stocks, bonus share, stock split: IRCTC, Info Edge, BPCL among 17 shares to remain in focus this week |Full list
Indian rupee hits record low against US Dollar
The Indian rupee weakened further in afternoon trade on Tuesday to touch a fresh record low against the U.S. dollar.
The Indian rupee weakened further in afternoon trade on Tuesday to touch a fresh record low against the U.S. dollar as concerns of a wider current account deficit came to the forefront after the country`s June trade deficit hit a record high.
Data late on Monday showed India`s June trade deficit widened to a record $25.63 billion, pushed by a rise in crude oil and coal imports, from $9.61 billion a year ago.
The partially convertible rupee was trading at 79.13/14 per dollar by 0822 GMT, after hitting a life low of 79.15. It had touched the previous record low of 79.12 last week and had closed trading at 78.95 on Monday.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.