- Global View: ICICI Bank, Bandhan Bank, Cipla and Container Corp could give 15-40% return in long term
- Anil Singhvi’s Strategy January 24: Day support zone on Nifty 17,475-17,550 and Bank Nifty is 37,050-37,225
- Dalal Street Voice: Budget likely to remain pro-growth; IT, Cement among 7 themes that will dominate 2022: Hemang Jani
- Coronavirus Latest News: India logs 3,06,064 new infections; active COVID-19 cases highest in 241 days
- Investors lose Rs 9 lakh cr in a week! What should be your strategy going into Budget 2022 week?
Comedian Kapil Sharma's advance tax jumps 241%; Salman Khan highest payer in FY17
If your Income tax liability exceeds Rs. 10,000 in a financial year then you have to pay Advance tax.
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has become the highest advance taxpayer for the current financial year in Bollywood.
Advance tax is income tax that one has to pay each quarter. If Income tax liability exceeds Rs 10,000 in a financial year then one has to pay advance tax.
Salman Khan has paid advance tax of Rs 44.5 crore in FY17-18, a jump of 39% as compared to Rs 32 crore in FY15-16, as reported by Indian Express. Second in the list is Akshay Kumar, at Rs 29.5 crore in this fiscal, down from the previous fiscal when he had paid Rs 30 crore.
Third in the list was Hrithik Roshan who paid Rs 25.5 crore in FY16-17, up by 82% from the previous year when he had paid Rs 14 crore. New entrant in the top 10 highest Bollywood celebrity advance taxpayer list is comedian Kapil Sharma, said the report.
Kapil Sharma paid Rs 23.9 crore in FY16-17, a jump of 241% as against Rs 7 crore in FY15-16. Following Sharma is Ranbir Kapoor who paid Rs 16.5 crore in FY16-17 as against Rs 22.3 crore in FY15-16, the report said.
Others in the list were Dangal star, Aamir Khan, who paid Rs 14.8 crore in FY16-17 as compared to Rs 9.6 crore in FY15-16. Then Karan Johar (Rs 11.7 crore in FY16-17 as compared to Rs 2 crore in FY15-16) who was also among the new entrant in the list. Eighth on the list was Deepika Padukone, who paid Rs 10.25 crore in FY16-17 and Rs 9 crore in FY15-16). Another new entrant is Alia Bhatt, who paid Rs 4.33 crore in this fiscal as compared to Rs 2.9 crore in the previous financial year. On the 10th position is Kareena Kapoor Khan who paid Rs 3.9 crore in FY16-17 as compared to Rs 7 crore in FY15-16, the report added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.