- National Highway construction slows to 20.43 km per day in first 4 months of current fiscal
- Independence Day Special: How investment habits, preferences of people have changed over the past 75 years
- BMW M4 Competition Coupé 50 Jahre M Edition: Price and features | Photos
- Financial Independence for Women: top investment tips for the other half to make them independent moneywise
BIG BREAKING: Good news for oil and sugar companies! 12%-20% excise concession on ethanol-blended petrol, diesel; no green tax from October 1
The government has announced a concession in excise duty for 12%-15% ethanol-blended petrol, and 20% on blending it with diesel. The move was aimed at bringing down the price of the fuel, Zee Business correspondent Ambarish Pandey said.
Zee Business EXCLUSIVE: The government has announced a concession in excise duty for 12%-15% ethanol-blended petrol, and 20% on blending it with diesel. The move was aimed at bringing down the price of the fuel, Zee Business correspondent Ambarish Pandey told Managing Editor Anil Singhvi in this exclusive report.
To promote Ethanol mixing in diesel and petrol, the government slashed excise duty charges further. Moreover, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the union budget 2022, referenced that unblended fuel will draw in an extra differential excise charge of ₹2/liter from 1st October 2022, said Ambarish.
#BreakingNews IOC, BPCL, HPCL और शुगर कंपनियों के लिए भी अच्छी खबर
पेट्रोल में 12-15% ब्लेंडिंग पर और डीजल में 20% ब्लेंडिंग पर एक्साइज ड्यूटी में छूट
1 अक्टूबर से पेट्रोल, डीजल पर ₹2 ग्रीन टैक्स भी नहीं लगेगा
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) July 5, 2022
To make the recent development more clear, he said that if you have purchased 1-liter petrol and have blended 15% of ethanol, then the excise duty will be charged on 85% of the petrol and the rest of 15% ethanol will only incur the state tax.
This implies two things- one the govt is promoting ethanol-blending to save up the import duties and foreign exchange. Second, the ethanol-blending promotion will provide cost-cutting to the domestic sugarcane farmers, he further said.
This recent move of the government will eventually provide relief to the consumers as the petrol prices will dip because the green tax of Rs 2 will not be levied from 1st Oct to accelerate reception of the cleaner fuel, said Ambarish to Zee business.
The sugar and oil companies will notice less tax burden in the coming days. This is indeed a good piece of news for IOC, BPCL, HPCL, sugar and oil companies, claimed Zee Business Managing Editor.
Among the sugar stocks, Anil Singhvi recommended a buy in Balrampur Chini stock.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.