- US stock futures bounce ahead of US Fed; crude oil gains on Russia-Ukraine crisis - policy plan likely at 12:30 am IST
- LIVE: Budget 2022 Expectations: What India Inc. wants from Modi government, FM Nirmala Sitharaman in Union Budget 2022-23
- Republic Day 2022 Parade: Highlights - Amazing extravaganza of India's military might, rich culture and unity - Pics, videos and
- Dalal Street Voice: Government might be able to meet fiscal deficit, thanks to LIC IPO: Ricky Kirpalani of First Water Capital F
- Unlocking financial freedom this Republic Day: 5 Things to know before embarking on financial journey
Shot in the arm! Mercedes-Benz lauds big step by Nirmala Sitharaman to boost economy
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, says, "Reduction in corporate tax to 22 per cent is a shot in the arm as it is directly correlated to economic growth. Reduction of corporate tax has been on the agenda and it will also boost ‘Make in India
Mercedes-Benz India has welcomed the announcement by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, says, "Reduction in corporate tax to 22 per cent is a shot in the arm as it is directly correlated to economic growth. Reduction of corporate tax has been on the agenda and it will also boost ‘Make in India initiatives."
"It will promote investment, help sustain profitability during challenging times and should also improve buying sentiments, thus helping the auto sector in long term,” Martin Schwenk added.
The reaction from Mercedes came after Modi government on Friday announced a series of tax incentives to boost the industry and restart investment.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a lowering of corporate tax rate on domestic companies to 22 per cent subject to such entity not availing any exemptions and incentives. Also these companies will also not be required to pay any Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT). Effective tax rate in this case would be 25.17 per cent, including cess and surcharge.
The Minister announced an even lower 15 per cent corporate tax rate for new domestic companies making fresh investment in manufacturing. These companies should have commenced production on or before March 31, 2023 and would also get exemption from MAT.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.