- Covid-19; Insurance claim 25% lower this time versus 2nd wave peak; treatments given more than required in many cases: ICICI Lom
- Bulk Deals: Foce India, Timescan Logistics among companies which see bulk buying on Wednesday - details here!
- Bajaj Auto Q3FY22 Earnings: Net profit falls 22% to Rs 1214 cr; revenues up 1% in line with street expectations
- DGCA extends ban on international flights till February 28 due to surging coronavirus cases; cargo operations exempted
- SEBI launches mobile app 'Saa₹thi' to provide financial product information to investors
Nitin Gadkari's BIG CONFIRMATION on electric vehicles costs, discounts, scrapping in Delhi/NCR, India's 1st EV tractor and more
Nitin Gadkari confirmed that he will be launching India's first electric tractor next month.
Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport & Highways, on Tuesday said that India will soon fully develop Lithium ion vehicles. Also, he added that Electric Vehicle costs will come down if Lithium ion batteries are produced in India.
Further, Nitin Gadkari confirmed that he will be launching India's first electric tractor next month.
Talking about scrappage policy, Gadkari said, "Scrappage policy will increase sales of new vehicles."
"Have requested manufacturers to give 5% discount on new vehicle bought against scrapping old vehicle," Gadkari added.
Further, Gadkari said, "Vehicles in Delhi/NCR to be scrapped after 10 and 15 years as per judgement of the NGT."
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday had launched the National Automobile Scrappage Policy. PM Narendra Modi said the initiative will promote a circular economy and make the process of economic development more sustainable and environment-friendly.
Highlighting a key feature of the policy, PM Modi said that instead of the age of the vehicle, a fitness test will determine if the vehicle will be sent for scrapping.
The policy would attract an investment of Rs 10,000 crore and create thousands of employment opportunities, he said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.