- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
Big feather in Tata Motors' cap! 1st Indian automaker to cross 1-mn sales mark; beats these Chinese auto giants
It's a big feather in the cap of Tata Motors. Achieving a big feat, the automobile giant has become the 1st Indian automaker to cross the one-million-sales mark. With this milestone, Tata Motors has beaten Chinese giants Changan and SAIC to become the 16th largest light vehicles company in the world, according to a report in The Economic Times. (Light vehicle sales include cars, vans, utility vehicles and small pickup trucks of up to 3.5 tonnes).
Noteworthy, about 50% of Tata Motors sales came from India.
Reportedly, Tata Motors has sold 1.049 million units in 2018, however, in the year 2017, the automaker sold 0.986 million units.
Jato Dynamics, an automotive consultancy firm, data cited in the ET report reveals that Tata Motors was the 3rd fastest-growing brand among the world's top 20 automakers.
Recently, Tata Motors had announced that the company would be increasing prices of its passenger vehicles range by up to Rs 25,000, starting April 2019. "This hike in price is due to rising input costs and external economic conditions, " as per a statement released by Tata Motors. Commenting on the price hike, Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said “The changing market conditions, rising input costs and various external economic factors have compelled us to consider this price increase. We are confident of maintaining our growth trajectory in the coming months on the back of our robust portfolio consisting of segment-leading products like Tiago, Hexa, Tigor, Nexon and Harrier.”
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.